Monday, May 21, 2012

MMM Monday! All-in Smoothie


When I was pregnant with my daughter, my saving grace during the first few months were smoothies.  My appetite was minimal in the first trimester and I had 24-hour nausea for the first 10 weeks.  I knew I needed to be filling my body with nutritious foods for my growing little one but the thought of eating fruits and vegetables was daunting.  

Enter smoothies.  Light, delicious and nutrient rich, smoothies were a great way to pack a lot of punch into a palatable treat that actually coated my stomach and helped reduce my nausea symptoms. I felt good knowing I was consuming essential nutrition for our baby and even better that I could make one in less than five minutes.

The All-In Smoothie is one of my favorites.  Filled with antioxidant rich ingredients, folic acid (essential for pregnant mommy's), vitamins and nutrients, this delightful smoothie will treat your taste buds and give you an easy pick me up any time of day.

Pregnant or not as the summer heat approaches, smoothies can be an excellent substitute for a light breakfast, lunch or snack and a great way to filly your body with nutritious food.


All-In Smoothie

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Servings: 2

INGREDIENTS:

1.5 Cups Organic Light Yogurt Plain Yogurt
1 Medium Banana, sliced
¼ Cup Pineapple Juice
¼ Cup Frozen Blueberries
¼ Cup Frozen Strawberries
¼ Cup Frozen Raspberries
1 Cup Fresh Spinach
1 Kiwi, peeled and sliced
 ½ Cup Ice
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar 

Directions
·      Combine all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth  
·      Serve immediately, enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Yummy.....I'm thinking I will buy a blender when we get home so I can try out your smoothie recipes!

    ReplyDelete