Don't worry - no fish eggs here.
This delightfully easy, versatile recipe, has become a staple in my kitchen. Use as an appetizer served with chips or pita squares, use as a topping to jazz up fish, or use as a new topping twist on tacos.
You can make this recipe ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
I am linking up this week with one of my favorite bloggers, Jamie from Chosen Chaos, and her partner in crime Denae from New Mom Survival Adventures for the Easy Peasy link up. Check out some great recipes - all with ten ingredients or less!
1 Can (12 oz.) Organic Black-Eyed Peas, drained
1 Can (12 oz.) Organic Black Beans, drained
1 Can (12 oz.) Organic Whole Kernel White Corn, drained
1 Jar (8 oz.) Organic Pimentos, drained and chopped
1 Small Organic Red Onion, peeled & chopped (approximately 1/2 cup chopped)
1 Large Organic Green Pepper, chopped
½ Cup Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ Cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Cup Organic Agave Nectar
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine: black beans, black eyed peas, onion, pepper, corn, and pimentos
- Add vinegar, olive oil and agave nectar, stirring until well combine
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Drain excess liquid prior to serving
- Enjoy with chips or pita squares or use to top fish or tacos