Coleslaw Over Heirloom Tomatoes
One of my favorite seasons has arrived! No, not spring (in fact it feels more like summer in Atlanta these last few weeks)
......it's GRILLING SEASON!
Unfortunately, we live in a high rise.
Trust me though, we will be the first to show up at your house with a car full of meat ready for the grill anytime you extend the invite; you can count on it.
Since I can't grill at my house, one of my favorite things to do is make side dishes to go with those dreamy, grill-licious, meals I am dreaming about.
Easy, savory and sweet, this recipe is sure to become one of your favorite grilling side dishes; it certainly is in our house.
1 Organic Head of Green Cabbage, washed and finely shredded
2 Organic Carrots, peeled and shredded
3 - 4 Organic Heirloom Tomatoes, washed and sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
1.5 Cups Organic Mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons Organic Agave Nectar (you can sub honey here or use 1/4 organic granulated sugar)
1 Tablespoon Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Teaspoons Organic Distilled White Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine shredded cabbage and carrots
- Stir in vinegar's, agave nectar and mayonnaise until well combined
- Add salt and pepper, stir to combine
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (will store in refrigerator for up to 4 days)
- Place sliced tomatoes on a serving dish and spoon chilled coleslaw on top of tomatoes
- Serve immediately, enjoy!