Pulled Pork Sandwiches
As a busy Mom, there is nothing better than a meal that you can throw into a crock pot while you go about your day. As a southern transplant, pulled pork was one of the first things I decided to add to my cooking repertoire.
This recipe is extremely low on labor and extremely high on taste. Serve on buns with coleslaw and pickles or serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 - 9 hours
Serves: 8 - 10
- 5 - 6 Pounds Organic Boneless Pork Butt, cut in half
- 1/2 Can Ginger ale
- 1 Medium Organic Onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 16 oz. Jars of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like Stubbs)
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
- Place onion slices evenly on the bottom of a large crockpot
- Place pork butt halves on top of onions
- Pour ginger ale over pork butt
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper, cover with lid
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- After 6 hours, drain excess liquid and onions
- Chop pork butt into pieces and return to crock pot
- Pour 2 jars of BBQ sauce over pork and cook on high for 2 - 3 hours
- Add last jar of sauce and keep on low until sauce is heated through and pork falls apart easily
- Serve sandwich style or with your favorite sides, enjoy!